Importing data for multiple time periods

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

How can I import data for multiple time period all in one go? I was told that its possible. But wondering what settings do I need to change in order to do that.

I tried using "Replace All Time" but the Time is set to "Current".  I'm uploading a excel base file. Any guidance on this will be appreciated. 

Mustafa_A_0-1647305732360.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Here is the solution if anyone finds this posts and curious to know.

I managed to load multiple period data in same workflow. I needed to change my Transformation Rule (Time) and change the Data Source (Time) to Stored Key Value.

Once completed, refresh, and load the file in any empty period for that year. Lastly, Import > Validate > Load Cube

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Look for matrix load, and that should let you load more than 1 data column

I believe you're referencing that within Data Sources? 

The dimension I was working with was "Time" so I didn't see within the drop down menu. 

How about this?

ckattookaran_0-1647357002816.png

Did you define the data structure type?

This is what I'm looking at: 

c0cf8278-0955-4265-b616-0b2886f5af05.jpg

Maybe I'm using a delimited file type.

You only need Matrix if your data is present in multiple columns; else, it is not required. Also, Matrix comes when you define the connector as Matrix Data in the Data structure type.

Thanks!

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Here is the solution if anyone finds this posts and curious to know.

I managed to load multiple period data in same workflow. I needed to change my Transformation Rule (Time) and change the Data Source (Time) to Stored Key Value.

Once completed, refresh, and load the file in any empty period for that year. Lastly, Import > Validate > Load Cube

Oh, so your file is not going by columns, you have that in rows itself. Keep in mind when you do that, the time period is still dictated by your workflow time. It'll load to other time periods, however, you'll have to go to the next time period to perform a validate->load cube from those ones.