Importing excel file adds 2 rows per RP

sbuggle
New Contributor II

Hi OneStream Community,  Does anyone know why an import would add two rows in the load step with an excel import? In the import processing log shows only 1 line read but it adds 2 rows. (edited) 

Thank you,

Sharon

9 REPLIES 9

chul
Contributor III

A derivative rule may add a row.

cds

sbuggle
New Contributor II

Ok will  check but do not think this is the case in our situation. Thanks

KarlT
Contributor II

Is it a matrix data source (where you have two columns with values)? This would get split into two rows if so

sbuggle
New Contributor II

This is not the case on this import.  Do you know of any other reason this could be happening.  We are going to create a new excel file. 

sbuggle
New Contributor II

There are three text values that are being sent to the TextValue .

KarlT
Contributor II

I would think these three value are simply being concatenated on your import under Text Value if i'm understanding your setup.

I personally cant think of any other obvious reason this would happen beyond derivative rules or matrix load. Are the two lines of data identical? what kind of data import are you using (delimited, fixed, connector, excel)?

sbuggle
New Contributor II

This data import is excel. 

KarlT
Contributor II

In which case maybe double check the file to make sure there isn't any hidden rows/columns etc. i think if not you may want to reach out to OS support so you can share screens and look at the specific files.

sbuggle
New Contributor II

The double line is not an issue anymore remove the [Annotations} from TV#.  The import is still not correct , not loading the the three A# values to the accounts. Did I mention this is range excel source 3 of them so each range contains the TV# that contains the 3 text values trying to load to the accounts.  This part is not working .