Jdbc database connection for SIC

crappos
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if the local SIC gateway supports JDBC data sources (SIC Version number if appropriate) and if not is there are workaround for this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

As others said, OneStream is built on the Microsoft DotNet runtime, so you can't just drop a JDBC driver on it.

This said, most datasources that "support JDBC" have an equivalent ODBC driver for Windows, which will work in a similar way and would be accessible by OneStream once installed. After all, JDBC is effectively a clone of ODBC, meant for the Java world...

For the most obscure systems that really only provide a JDBC driver, one can use bridging solutions like the ones listed in this StackOverflow post.

In both cases, if you're a Cloud customer you'll have to engage Support once you know exactly what datasource it is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tschilling
New Contributor III

Interested to see what others respond with here. It would surprise me if out of the box you could use JDBC since OneStream is a .NET based platform.

Maybe there's another way to accomplish the same outcome.  Can you expand a little on the data source and your use case?

crappos
New Contributor II

Thanks for response,

I don't have any more detail really at present, our client has stated that one of their on-premises databases uses JDBC for connection. I have asked them if there are any other connectivity options, and will update when i get a response. Do you have any suggestions ? 

tschilling
New Contributor III

It would totally depend on the source system/s involved.  

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

As others said, OneStream is built on the Microsoft DotNet runtime, so you can't just drop a JDBC driver on it.

This said, most datasources that "support JDBC" have an equivalent ODBC driver for Windows, which will work in a similar way and would be accessible by OneStream once installed. After all, JDBC is effectively a clone of ODBC, meant for the Java world...

For the most obscure systems that really only provide a JDBC driver, one can use bridging solutions like the ones listed in this StackOverflow post.

In both cases, if you're a Cloud customer you'll have to engage Support once you know exactly what datasource it is.