Loading Annotations Only via a Workflow

Greg_S
New Contributor II

Is it possible to create a data source to load annotations only from a flat file.

I am tagging the annotations in the flat file with the View dimension.

It seems like the data source always wants an "Amount".  Is this case I have no amount so when I Ioad the data file, I get an error that "No Valid Data Keys in File".  It seems that this should be possible.  Maybe I should do this via Excel loads.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greg_S
New Contributor II

Found the issue.  For future reference, on the Cube’s Integration Tab, ensure that the TextValue field is enabled for the desired Scenario Type.  Lookup "Loading Cell Text as an Annotation Data Attachment" in the Design and Reference Guide.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Greg_S
New Contributor II

Found the issue.  For future reference, on the Cube’s Integration Tab, ensure that the TextValue field is enabled for the desired Scenario Type.  Lookup "Loading Cell Text as an Annotation Data Attachment" in the Design and Reference Guide.

wnindl
New Contributor III

Thanks Greg. Saved me some hours of issue analysis 😁

EricWW
New Contributor

Hi - I was able to load annotations from a data source into Stage, but it's not loading to the cube.  Is there a way to load annotations so that it loads to the cube?  As background, we have a form to capture some statistical data along with text and we have a user that wants to load the data via an Excel import vs typing the data into the form.  As noted above, the data loads to Stage, but when we load to the cube, only the amounts show up in the form;  the annotations are not loading to the cube.

Any help is much appreciated!

Dear Eric

Did you discover the answer to this? I'm also trying to figure out how to import text fields from a spreadsheet that uses the XFSetCell feature into an annotation view. I would really welcome any updates on this subject.

Regards