Loading Headcount from Table with no Values

Chap
New Contributor II

Hello- I'm trying to load Headcount into our Finance model as a statistic. The table has no not data fields, just people records and emp ID. When I try to put a "static value" override of 1.00 in the "Amount" source dimension, I get an error stating no data records were found. Any help on how I can load # of records to the "Amount" in the Data Source? This is a Rest API connection to UKG

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Look at the actual load logs (those icons at the top of the Import page, one has a little gear...). Each skipped line will have a numeric code associated with a specific error. If it's "non-numeric amount" then it's indeed a problem with your static value; it might be that it's passed to the field as a string, when it has to be a number. You should be able to bypass that by using a Complex Expression instead, containing just "return 1".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Look at the actual load logs (those icons at the top of the Import page, one has a little gear...). Each skipped line will have a numeric code associated with a specific error. If it's "non-numeric amount" then it's indeed a problem with your static value; it might be that it's passed to the field as a string, when it has to be a number. You should be able to bypass that by using a Complex Expression instead, containing just "return 1".

Chap
New Contributor II

Thank you- Yes, the error is "non-numeric amount" for all records, so it must be the static value. Complex expression worked.

Thanks again