Number of periods that can be validated at once

GregHertling
New Contributor III

Hi, how many periods can be loaded and validated at once?  I have the need to load 360 periods, but I seem to be getting timed out.

thanks,

Greg

5 REPLIES 5

Henning
Contributor III

Hi Greg, I am not aware of an exact technical limit per se, it depends on the amount of data you are trying to load and the how. May I ask for some more details? How are you loading the data (Excel, workflow, batch load,...?)? How much data (e.g. row count per load file)? Are you using Direct Load to avoid possibly unnecessary validation steps?

GregHertling
New Contributor III

I am loading via a .csv file through a matrix data source where the Time periods are in the columns.  I have tried an Import, Validate, Load.  I have also tried the Direct load.  I have tried one row of data and it still got stuck on the validate.  Transformations for Time are set up well past the periods we are loading.  The Scenario range is also set up past the load periods.  We are doing some testing and logging, but wanted to see if there were similar experiences or there is something to check in the configuration.

Just to make sure it is not that, are those set to True in your respective scenario types in the Application Properties?

Henning_0-1675795928487.png

Presumably only 'Allow Loads After Workflow View Year' is needed to be set to True.

GregHertling
New Contributor III

hi, yes, that field is set to True.

thanks

In that case I would use an iterative approach, which I guess you are already working on. Do you already have a matrix load with a CSV file working somewhere in your solution? If so, I would copy this one and start from there. Add more columns and rows, bit by bit, same for the settings you may need to adjust (scenario, workflow, data source, transformation rules,...). At some point you should hit a road block and then you should be able to figure out quickly why it did not work. If you do not have a matrix load working anywhere yet, start simple. Single row and single column first. When that works, add 11 columns to have a one year load. Next is to add one more period of the next year and see if that works. That is the procedure that I would apply here.

If that all does not work - or you already tried it all - OneStream AAS (Advanced Application Solutions) can take a closer look and help you get it to work. To get in touch with the team you will need to open up a ticket with support@onestreamsoftware.com