OneStream integration with AWS RedShift

DawidSzyszko
New Contributor

Hello OneStream Community,

We are currently in the process of establishing integration between AWS RedShift and OneStream. Our objective is to obtain data from SQL tables available in RedShift and load it into OneStream cubes.

While exploring the best approach for this integration, it seems that pulling data from external data sources such as RedShift into OneStream is the most efficient method.

Could anyone with experience in this area kindly share their insights and any best practices they might have? Specifically, I am interested in learning about state-of-the-art approaches for directly connecting to external cloud databases. Additionally, I would like to understand whether this integration requires the usage of S3 buckets and generated files or is it possible to work on direct connection.

Your expertise and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Dawid

1 REPLY 1

franciscoamores
Contributor II

Hi,

we have integrated with AWS RedShift using Smart Integration Connector and the RedShift ODBC driver (it's PostgreSQL indeed). My experience is very good. From a OneStream perspective, it's a SQL-based integration so no need to integrate with S3 bucket to get files.