OneStreamRelay Service & Smart Integration Connector Service

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hello OneStreamers,

I've just upgraded to version 7.1.1 and noticed some unfamiliar messages popping up in the Error Log:

• Summary: OneStreamRelay Service startup has Disabled!.
  • Summary: Smart Integration Connector Service is disabled.

I've checked the release notes and reference guide and couldn't find any topics related to these services. Can someone please explain or point me to the related documentation?

Thanks,

Cosimo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

djcorbett
Contributor

Hello @Cosimo 

My Name is Dave Corbett and I am on the Product Management team at OneStream.  Thanks for surfacing awareness for this Error Log message in Platform  v7.1.1.  

Yes, you found reference to an exciting new 'Data Source Connectivity' capability that we are introducing to designated customers through a Private Preview program.  Private Preview programs extend 'in-process development' functionality to customers / business partners for validation and feedback in non-production scenarios so that we can tune the features to meet customer needs in subsequent development cycles.  A follow up to a Private Preview program would liklely be a Limited Availability or a General Availability, depending on the feature.

Smart Integration Connector is this feature's name, and it's intent is to establish connectivity between a OneStream Cloud instance and data sources within the customer network - without using VPN, and without any reference to data source credentials on the OneStream App Server.  This technology leverages Azure Relay and involves a Gateway Service installation on the Customer side that faciliates connectivity to data sources.  This is all accomplished with an outbound connection only from the Gateway Services to achieve data source access for use cases like data imports and fulfilling drill through requests.

The log messages indicate the service is disabled in your environment (which is true for all customers using v7.1.1, excpet those participating in the Private Preview).  For more information on Smart Integration Connector, feel free to reach out to me at dcorbett@onestreamsoftware.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

djcorbett
Contributor

Hello @Cosimo 

My Name is Dave Corbett and I am on the Product Management team at OneStream.  Thanks for surfacing awareness for this Error Log message in Platform  v7.1.1.  

Yes, you found reference to an exciting new 'Data Source Connectivity' capability that we are introducing to designated customers through a Private Preview program.  Private Preview programs extend 'in-process development' functionality to customers / business partners for validation and feedback in non-production scenarios so that we can tune the features to meet customer needs in subsequent development cycles.  A follow up to a Private Preview program would liklely be a Limited Availability or a General Availability, depending on the feature.

Smart Integration Connector is this feature's name, and it's intent is to establish connectivity between a OneStream Cloud instance and data sources within the customer network - without using VPN, and without any reference to data source credentials on the OneStream App Server.  This technology leverages Azure Relay and involves a Gateway Service installation on the Customer side that faciliates connectivity to data sources.  This is all accomplished with an outbound connection only from the Gateway Services to achieve data source access for use cases like data imports and fulfilling drill through requests.

The log messages indicate the service is disabled in your environment (which is true for all customers using v7.1.1, excpet those participating in the Private Preview).  For more information on Smart Integration Connector, feel free to reach out to me at dcorbett@onestreamsoftware.com