Read Only for a specific entity/scenario

BenvanBergen
New Contributor III

Hello,

Struggling today with a simple input form. For any entity I can write data, but not for 1 exception. I tried in workflow, or separate cubeview with varying dimensions which all worked before.

Also for the same entity in other scenarios with a different scenario type I can write data.

Authorization seems not the issue, after changing to Everyone it still shows as read only.

Could something block the entity for input in a scenario?

Thanks in advance for your any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenvanBergen
New Contributor III

Our consultant found it. Whenever an entity is assigned (anywhere) to a WF (so entity assignment) then the Forms input WF steps must also be True (if any inputs needs to be made anywhere). In this case you are doing a Central input on a Central WF (with no entity assignments as you can only assign it to 1 WF) but there are Country/Plant WF’s where the entities were assigned. In that case the entity WF needs then one of the Forms WF steps for that Scenario Type (Model) to be set to True ProfileActive.

Best regards

Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

db_pdx
Contributor III

Two things come to mind: check that the entity is not inadvertently set to In Use = False for this scenario type.  As well, check the Data Cell Access to see if there are any rules that would prevent you from entering data for this intersection (Application > Cubes > Select your Cube > Data Access).

BenvanBergen
New Contributor III

Our consultant found it. Whenever an entity is assigned (anywhere) to a WF (so entity assignment) then the Forms input WF steps must also be True (if any inputs needs to be made anywhere). In this case you are doing a Central input on a Central WF (with no entity assignments as you can only assign it to 1 WF) but there are Country/Plant WF’s where the entities were assigned. In that case the entity WF needs then one of the Forms WF steps for that Scenario Type (Model) to be set to True ProfileActive.

Best regards

Ben

BenvanBergen
New Contributor III

Thanks @db_pdx , I asked our admin to check the Data Cell Access. Entity inUse seems fine, nothing stored per scenariotype.