SIC gateway connection to export OS table to SQL server

zwc
New Contributor

Hi

Can anyone advice how to push OS data back to SQL server by using SIC gateway?

We setup the SIC to import data from SQL servers to OS successfully in SIC business rule, but no idea how to push back data from OS to SQL by the SIC.

Business rules created in Extensibility do not work like BRApi.Database.SaveCustomDataTable function.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi @zwc 
Unfortunately, I do not have an SIC to test/check. I am not aware that some BRapi are not working anymore.
Can you paste your rule here? Have you tried BRApi.Database.ExecuteActionQuery or ExcecuteSQL ?
Thanks

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

zwc
New Contributor

Hi Nicholas

Sorry, I made some confusion. Below is what I want to achieve.

1. Extract data by fdx and copy to a datatable variable finalTable

2. Tried to set up a connection in Extensibility BR to our company sql database through SIC (SIC = "DWH_AWS1DNA01")

3. Save Data in finalTable to a Sql table dbo.OneStream_Table

I have successfully put data in the finalTable, but cannot save data to sql table. The codes I used are

Dim connectionString = "DWH_AWS1DNA01"    --SIC connector name set up to pull out data from sql
Using dbConnExt As DbConnInfo = BRApi.Database.CreateExternalDbConnInfo(si, connectionString) 
If Not finalTable Is Nothing Then 
BRApi.Database.SaveCustomDataTable(si, connectionString, "Test_Datawarehouse.dbo.OneStream_Table", finalTable, True)

End If
End Using

The company sql database is on AWS cloud, and the same SIC can pull out data from sql to OS by a sql query.  
Thanks

Hi zwc

Here is the code I use and it works:

Using dbConn As DbConnInfo = BRApi.Database.CreateDbConnInfo(si, DbLocation.External,"[[your SIC Connection name]]")
'.CreateCustomExternalDbConnInfo(si, DbProviderType.Gateway, "GRDWDB")
dt = BRApi.Database.ExecuteSql(dbConn, insertStatement, False)

End Using

The insertStatement variable is a string that contains an insert statement. But your problem, I believe, is the dbConnInfo.

Cheers!

I tried with SaveCustomDataTable and received a message saying it is not compatible with SIC. So for now, my best answer is with the insert statement which will only work with a small number of records