Smart Integration Cloud (SIC) error

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to query a local app which have 200k rows on SQL server using SIC (Smart Integration Cloud).

However, I get the message : "Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream."

There is an online troubleshooting which I added below. It seems this is a memory issue. However, there's no mention on how to add memory (on the server ? on my local machine ? how to do it ?).

--> could you please help me sorting this out ?

Regards,

EDIT : I get the same error message when querying a table of only 1 row, 1 column.

Memory Issues

If you receive any of the following errors, increase the memory in your Smart Integration Connector Local Gateway Server. For queries returning over 1 million records, 32 GB or more RAM is recommended.

• "Error while copying content to a stream. Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream."

• "An error occurred while sending the request. The response ended prematurely."

4 REPLIES 4

J_Miller
New Contributor III

Have you contacted Support?  They will have some common items to check outside of memory utilization.  For instance, confirming the Platform release version with the SIC Gateway release version.

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi !

I'm in contact with support, but I find it odd that I get this message for a query of a table that has 1 row, 1 column as a test. If I get any feedback and resolution from support, I'll make sure to update the topic.

Regards,

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello,

I have cleared my cache in C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\OneStream\Desktop\Settings (change **USERNAME** by your windows username). On the other hand, I was using SIC gateway 8.4.0 for an app that was in 8.2.0, I don't know if it has any impact but I also upgraded my application to 8.4.0

My connexion is now working !

Regards,

DoN
New Contributor

I believe this is a fairly common error. At least that's what we got from support. To get "around" it we added a retry mechanism to handle this problem. I don't know if there's some kind of "wake up" when the connection has not been used for a while, but that's how it looked to me.

We simply added a try block and a wait, say wait a few seconds retry again up to a max of five times. If still failing, log error.