Smart Integration Connector

mkerslake
New Contributor II

Smart Integration Connector was launched as a feature of 7.3 and we have a new self-paced eLearning course available for you on Navigator to support this:

OneStream Architecture: Smart Integration Connector (SIC) - Welcome to the OneStream Smart Integrati...

Free to everyone who can access Navigator.

6 REPLIES 6

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news Matt, thanks!

franciscoamores
Contributor II

Still in limited availability, right?

mkerslake
New Contributor II

Correct, still LA. GA coming soon, so the course will give you a chance to get ahead of the game. 

FrankDK
Contributor

Does the Smart Connector enable access to SMB Fileshares? (read/write)

mkerslake
New Contributor II

Hi Frank,

I oversaw the development of this content but I'm not an implementation consultant. I don't recall the eLearning dealing with SMB Fileshares so please feel free to ask a question to the wider community.

Ryan_Berry
New Contributor II

SIC has a couple of integration options for connections back to on-prem resources.  One is the ability to tunnel specific endpoints (Web-APIs, SFTP servers, etc.) back to OneStream allowing them to be interfaced in a very similar manner to VPN.    This would not work with SMB file shares; however, SIC ALSO provides the ability to retrieve data from files contained in SMB shares using remotely invoked BR's that are available on the SIC Gateway (running in the customer's environment).  A simple example of this is illustrated below using a Smart Integration Function and would work for file sizes up to ~500-600mb in size.  Would something like this work for your scenario?

namespace OneStream.BusinessRule.SmartIntegrationFunction.TestFileRead
{
  public class MainClass
  {
    public byte[] RunOperation(string year)
    {
      string fname = @"\\someshare\path\hw_" + year + ".csv";
      byte[] buffer = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(fname);
      return buffer;
    }
  }
}