Smart Integration Function logging

ssmith-nova
New Contributor II

Is there a way to log messages to the Error log within a Smart Integration Function that is running on the Local Gateway?  I notice when a new SIF is created, none of the OneStream libraries are available.  

I did find an example where the OneStreamGatewayService library was included.  Is there any documentation on this library?

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The current documentation is:

The library you mention is not covered in detail, although it is referenced in the guide. I guess intellisense might help you there. I can't see anything pre-built on pulling log messages to OneStream, although you could do it manually with this sort of logic:

1. write a SIC function that looks at the local logs for events of a certain type and returns them
  2. write an Extender to invoke that function and write results to the OneStream log
  3. trigger the Extender every few minutes with a Data Management job.

If it looks like a lot of manual work for something that should be built-in - it might well be 😅 feel free to post a request for the feature in IdeaStream.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The current documentation is:

The library you mention is not covered in detail, although it is referenced in the guide. I guess intellisense might help you there. I can't see anything pre-built on pulling log messages to OneStream, although you could do it manually with this sort of logic:

1. write a SIC function that looks at the local logs for events of a certain type and returns them
  2. write an Extender to invoke that function and write results to the OneStream log
  3. trigger the Extender every few minutes with a Data Management job.

If it looks like a lot of manual work for something that should be built-in - it might well be 😅 feel free to post a request for the feature in IdeaStream.