Special Characters limitations in connection string

bennovak
New Contributor II

Hi Community,  does anyone have a list of special characters that OneStream does not allow to be used in passwords for service accounts used for direct connections?   

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you describe a bit better what you mean by "direct connections"? Is it Database Connections configured in Application Configuration?

bennovak
New Contributor II

Hi Jack, we are establishing a database connection to an oracle database.  As part of this process, we must load in the connection string for the oracle database, and a portion of that string is the service account name and service account password.  We are trying to determine if there are certain special characters that cause issues, such as periods, commas, slashes, quotes.

Thanks

I'm still not entirely sure where you're handling this connection string (in the Server Config Utility? In custom code?), but I believe it has to be an ADO.NET connection string, so any limitations of that format will apply. You should pay attention to ampersands and particularly semicolons, which will have to be escaped. I don't know if the Oracle driver has any additional requirements.

bennovak
New Contributor II

We are populating the connection string when creating a Local Gateway Connection to a Data Source, as part of the Smart Integration Connector setup.