Successfully Load and Transform an Import profile with no data

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

I have an import step in a workflow profile, using a connector data source.

For the current Scenario/Year there is no data. This is causing an error when I run Load and Transform.

I know I can manually set the step to "Completed" using the complete workflow button, but is there a way to set the import step so that the Load and Transform does no fail in the first place when there is no data?

Thank you

pic004.png

6 REPLIES 6

chul
Contributor III

You can set the import step to Optional on the Workflow Profile. This will allow you to set the step to Complete even if there is no data.

cds

AndreaF
Contributor III

By setting the import step to Optional on the workflow profile I can Complete the workflow (using the Complete workflow button), but I still get an error if I run the Load and Transform step. This is an issue because I have a job that goes through all the Base input workflow profiles and run the import. I would like the Load and Transform not to fail so that the job does not fail if there is no data on a workflow profile.

kberry
New Contributor III

Hi Andrea - In a similar situation I coded a single dummy record in the data adapter so there would never be no data. The no data errors made it hard to identify the real data load errors, which was a problem. It would be nice to be able to turn this off. I would submit an enhancement request on IdeaStream.

franciscoamores
Contributor II

Hi,

You can implement the TransformationEventHandler to capture parser results and throw your own Exception

For example:

objTransformer.Parser.LinesRead

or objTransformer.Parser.LinesRead

I think there is an example for the event handler in GolfStream., You can implement this functionality in event FinalizeParseAndTransform (After)

you can do something like this:

franciscoamores_0-1675762975323.png

HTH

arpitm
New Contributor III

Hi AndreaF

Were you able to find a solution for this. We are also facing a similar situation.

Thank you for your input.

Regards

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi @arpitm , I posted about this on IdeaStream so this can maybe be picked up and resolved by OneStream in future, but I was not able to find a solution for this.