Transformation Rule based on a different column in the source

SamKing
New Contributor II

Hi All,

We're currently trying to map IC relationships in the transformation rules where the source data doesn't contain this field. We can map this based on the GL account from the ERP system but just unsure on how to do this in OneStream. Essentially we'd like to use 1-1 mapping but based a different column other than the IC in the source, is this possible?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hey SamKing: yup, OneStream has you covered.  This sounds like a standard Composite Transformation Rule.

Your rule expression will include both the target dimension (IC) as well as the dimension which can be used to identify the mapping (Account, in this instance) in the format of: A#UniqueAccount:I#*.  Specify the I# target as the Target Value

This can be read as, 'anything from A#UniqueAccount from any I# should map to the I# Target Value'

Cheers,

-DB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hey SamKing: yup, OneStream has you covered.  This sounds like a standard Composite Transformation Rule.

Your rule expression will include both the target dimension (IC) as well as the dimension which can be used to identify the mapping (Account, in this instance) in the format of: A#UniqueAccount:I#*.  Specify the I# target as the Target Value

This can be read as, 'anything from A#UniqueAccount from any I# should map to the I# Target Value'

Cheers,

-DB

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi there, 
On your source file, the account will give you the IC member? If this statement is correct, then in your datasource, you can map your Account column to your IC dimension. After than you simply use a transformation rule where you transform your A# Member (which will be Account) to your IC members 
Please give a kudo if it helps.

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

In addition, there are two snippets showing you samples how to do it using a business rule:

ChristianW_0-1655888853656.png

ChristianW_1-1655888900882.png

AllenMorrison
New Contributor

Sam.  this should be as straight forward as referencing the account column as the IC dimension in the data source...then mapping 1 to 1 in the transformation rule.  Doesn't seem like you need anything fancy at all.

SamKing
New Contributor II

Thank you all!

I've used the rule expression suggested by db_pdx and this has worked perfectly.