What's the difference between pre-process and process?

DmitriyTop
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are currently building our workflows and don't understand the difference between pre-process and process. we have forms built out and we hit save to send the data through so I'm not understanding why they are needed and what is the difference? We have a process button at import as well so why would we have to pre-process in the review/form step of our workflow. 

DmitriyTop_0-1685049095442.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

AK
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Hope this helps. The Pre-Process task is the same as the normal Process task. This can be added as a first step in
the Form channel process. Similar to Process, this too has the Calculation Definitions built behind it.
This gives an option to execute Calculations, Translations and Consolidation before the Form Input happens.

View solution in original post

DmitriyTop
New Contributor II

Thank you this is helpful. I found out preprocess is best used when multiple users are entering the data into forms and the data is needed "live" or updated for others to complete their forms.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AK
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Hope this helps. The Pre-Process task is the same as the normal Process task. This can be added as a first step in
the Form channel process. Similar to Process, this too has the Calculation Definitions built behind it.
This gives an option to execute Calculations, Translations and Consolidation before the Form Input happens.

DmitriyTop
New Contributor II

Thank you this is helpful. I found out preprocess is best used when multiple users are entering the data into forms and the data is needed "live" or updated for others to complete their forms.