Workflow profile - Calculation Defination

Manjunathak
New Contributor II

Workflow form has different scenarios Actual, forecast.

I have created the step for Force Consolidate and Scenario Type filter is set to (ALL).

Manjunathak_0-1718372880653.png

when i complete the form only Actual Scenario will consolidate but not forecast scenario.  i tried to add another step to consolidate forecast scenario but it didn't work. 

May i know how to set up for all scenarios to be consolidate at once.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

I may be the exhausting week talking and I hope I am not missing anything here, but I am fairly certain that the Process definition calculates your WF POV scenario. Which in your case is Actual, which is why Forecast (LY) does not get calculated as it is not in the WF POV.

There are other ways to trigger the LY calculation such as dashboard buttons, data management jobs, or NoCalculate steps with a workflow event handler. Or you change the scenario in your WF POV to LY and Process it there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

aformenti
Contributor

HI @Manjunathak ,

Looks like you have the Entity filter wrongly set up. You can't select assigned entities if what you want to do is to Consolidate. You need to point the entity to the Level you want to consolidate and select Cons Local.

Hi @aformenti 

i tried changing both it didn't work

Henning
Valued Contributor

What is the scenario in your workflow POV?

Henning_0-1718374496292.png

When you say "when i complete the form only Actual Scenario will consolidate but not forecast scenario", what do you mean exactly? Do you have an input form that you use to enter Actual and Forecast data to in the same form?

To add to the comment of @aformenti, what he means is you need to select a parent entity to consolidate.

Manjunathak
New Contributor II

workflow scenario is Actual 

Manjunathak_0-1718375751413.png

the form is available only in Actual scenario but i have the entity assigned to forecast scenario also.

First column in form has Actual data  and other columns has forecast scenario data, want to compare the Actual numbers with forecast. i need to consolidate each column separately to have numbers that's reason i'm looking for calculation definition step to consolidate for both actual and forecast scenarios

Manjunathak_1-1718376055979.png

Henning
Valued Contributor

I may be the exhausting week talking and I hope I am not missing anything here, but I am fairly certain that the Process definition calculates your WF POV scenario. Which in your case is Actual, which is why Forecast (LY) does not get calculated as it is not in the WF POV.

There are other ways to trigger the LY calculation such as dashboard buttons, data management jobs, or NoCalculate steps with a workflow event handler. Or you change the scenario in your WF POV to LY and Process it there.