we need to build a Journal report in Excel?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Hans van der Kemp

If I look at the Data Adapters, it seems the method type "JournalForWorkflowUnit" contains the required information.

So then I would need a Studio report based on that data adapter, similar to the RPTA -> is that the best approach?

d20182d1dbd154908feee3a84b96196e.png

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Andy Moore
Hey Hans, i had to build a custom report for Journals also. here's what i'd recommend. 

step 1: map out the fields required. 
step 2: see what the method queries produce for you which it sounds like it will. if you dont get all the information you need you will need to go out to the Database tables under System --> Database --> and all the journal information from various tables can be pulled via SQL 
step 3: go the report route like you mentioned if you need it for distribution. if you just want users to be able to run and download,  you can get the above view by taking your data adapter, putting it into a pivot grid component
step 4: then grouping appropriately and in the pivot grid you can right click in the top left box above the first column name and export as a wysiwig. 

this avoids studio and is better formatted than anything you could in studio in a fraction of the time

c7120a55dbd154908feee3a84b9619eb.png

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

As an alternative, you can use a tableview in a the spreadsheet component.