Comparing mgmt entities together

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Dear Community,

We're trying to change our hierarchy structure for the new year. That means creating new rollups (D22_xyz), and inserting members within those structure. It's the exact replica, but we're just copying the hierarchy from D21 and changing it to D22. 

However, I'm curious if their a BR to compare between the old hierarchy v. the new one. It would help to compare and know if we have missed anything. 

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

T_Kress
Contributor

There is a dashboard that allows you to compare member hierarchies.  I find it quite useful.  It allows you to compare to hierarchies for base members missing, look for duplicates, etc.  I did not create it so I cannot take credit but find it highly useful and I think it will work for your need.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

Sorry, just now seeing this.  I did not get a notification, odd!

To launch, follow these steps:

1) After loading the 2 XML files go to the Application page > Dashboards > Dashboard Maintenance Unit > Hieararchy Validation Tool > Dashboard Group > Solution Setup and run this dashboard:

T_Kress_0-1642627947292.png

2) Select "Setup Tables" then "Launch Solution"

T_Kress_1-1642628009532.png

3)  Once launched you will have to use the black plus sign to add rows for the things you with to compare

4) You will probably want to create a Dashboard Profile in to which to add this so you can get to it from OnePlace too

Teresa C. Kress

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

T_Kress
Contributor

There is a dashboard that allows you to compare member hierarchies.  I find it quite useful.  It allows you to compare to hierarchies for base members missing, look for duplicates, etc.  I did not create it so I cannot take credit but find it highly useful and I think it will work for your need.

Teresa C. Kress

Thank you, @T_Kress 

I have loaded the xml files. However, how do you launch this tool? I noticed there were two files. 

Sorry, just now seeing this.  I did not get a notification, odd!

To launch, follow these steps:

1) After loading the 2 XML files go to the Application page > Dashboards > Dashboard Maintenance Unit > Hieararchy Validation Tool > Dashboard Group > Solution Setup and run this dashboard:

T_Kress_0-1642627947292.png

2) Select "Setup Tables" then "Launch Solution"

T_Kress_1-1642628009532.png

3)  Once launched you will have to use the black plus sign to add rows for the things you with to compare

4) You will probably want to create a Dashboard Profile in to which to add this so you can get to it from OnePlace too

Teresa C. Kress

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

@T_Kress 

Appreciate it. This is perfect!