Data copy to new expense account

Manjunathak
New Contributor II

I have created new expense account and i want the existing expense account historical data to be moved to new account. do we have any DM job for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aricgresko
Contributor III

Maybe take an alternative approach to this... rename the existing expense account to the name of the new account.  Then, if you still need the existing (old) account with no data, recreate it.  Note: this would require you to delete the newly created account before you rename the existing.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

aricgresko
Contributor III

Maybe take an alternative approach to this... rename the existing expense account to the name of the new account.  Then, if you still need the existing (old) account with no data, recreate it.  Note: this would require you to delete the newly created account before you rename the existing.

This will fix the current problem, however still i am curious to know how we can copy by accounts.

A simple Custom Calculate rule. The OneStream Finance Rules and Calculations Handbook has a lot of examples.

just create a custom calc for this. and don't forget set the parametere for isdurablecalculated data to true

Kamila
New Contributor III

Best to use api.data.calculate()

matt515
New Contributor III

api.data.calculate("A#Account2 = A#Account1")

The left side of the calculation is the destination and the right side of the formula is the source. The examples in the book show you can calculate something like A#Sales =  A#Price * A#Volume