Dimension Hierarchy

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have UD1 and UD3 dimensions, here UD3 made as Is Attribute= True and linked to UD1 as Related Dimension Type=UD1, and i want to load and see the data in UD1,Account and UD3 combination, can anyone suggest how to achieve this scenario

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm afraid that's not really enough information to evaluate the situation. You might want to post the full Settings section of your UD3 member at the very least. Note also that you cannot load data to that UD3 member once you mark it as an Attribute, the whole point of it is that it becomes dynamically-calculated. Once the setup is done, you shouldn't need to do anything special to see the results - just build a Cube View as usual.

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response, I will give you another example, I made one of my UD4 member as Attribute member and linked UD2 , please check the below properties of UD4 member

Related dimension Type1= UD2

Related property1= Text1

Comparison Text1= ABC

Comparison Operator1 = Property Contains Comparison Text

and in the properties of UD2 member I mentioned Text1 as "ABC".

Now  I need to load my UD4 data into OneStream. Since its Attribute member I cannot load data into UD4 and see, is it possible to load my UD4 data into UD2 because its linked with Text and able to see data in cube view. please suggest the best way to achieve.

Thanks in Advance.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, at that point you would be loading your data against UD2 members. Your UD4 member would then automatically derive its data, when you look at it in a Cube View or report, by aggregating all the records of the UD2 members that have "ABC" in their Text1 property (where members of the other dimensions are the same, i.e. the same combination of Scenario/Entity/Time/etc etc).

Note that those UD4 values would not be saved anywhere, they are produced dynamically at display time.

The "as Attribute" feature is effectively a way to analyse data by certain elements, without actually storing any data that specifically points at such elements - because you know there is a direct relationship between the elements and metadata members in existing dimensions (they are an attribute of other members), so the system can calculate the relevant sums for you.

Note that this feature should not be confused with Attribute Dimensions as specified in the Integration tab of Cube Properties. That's a different thing.