Entity rename (or rename any other dimension member) - what are implications?

Jarek_Sadowski
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I need to rename a few entities as user provided incorrect names. They loaded data already and I am wondering what are exact implications of renaming them now.

1. I tested renaming and I can see that drill down to the source data is not possible
  2. I found another topic on this forum and I cannot find any other implication other than with drill down >>> Entity Name Changes - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)
  3. I did not find anything in documentation

Can anyone confirm that this is the only implication of renaming dimension member? That drill down to the source is no longer working?

Of course I know that if those entity names were used in cube views, business rules, formulas, etc., then I need to adjust them (but thankfully this is not the case here).

Kind regards
Jarek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rhankey
New Contributor III

In addition to Stage that you have already discovered, Transformation Rules, Data Sources (depending if/how you could be doing member filtering), Business Rules, Member Formulas, Dynamic Calcs, Cube Views, Confirmation Rules, Dashboard Parameters, Metadata text properties are among the other areas where members could be referenced by member name rather than MemberId.  Depending on your specific situation, none, some or all could apply to you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rhankey
New Contributor III

In addition to Stage that you have already discovered, Transformation Rules, Data Sources (depending if/how you could be doing member filtering), Business Rules, Member Formulas, Dynamic Calcs, Cube Views, Confirmation Rules, Dashboard Parameters, Metadata text properties are among the other areas where members could be referenced by member name rather than MemberId.  Depending on your specific situation, none, some or all could apply to you.

Hello,

I mentioned cube views, business rules, etc. in my previous message. I am fully aware of that.

Basically to me it looks that if anywhere member name is hardcoded, we need to update it manually.