Fact or Fiction? Users can access OS via web browser starting 7.x

marcobobbiesi
New Contributor III

Well,

I actually have a question about this, but the subject starting with "Fict or Fiction" sounded cool to me.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that in a future of OS, a limited web access will be restored, especially for those remote users inputting a small set of data in remote places in big organizations (e.g. accounting companies doing the book keeping for small remote subsidiaries of big organizations that are not really interested in installing and dealing with OS application for such a small task).

But now I can't see anything about it. And I have the feeling I dreamed about it. Is this thing planned?

By the way, I have some clients still running old versions where web access is possible. For me and few other people working there, navigation via web browser is incredibly much faster than with the OS windows application. Basically each click opens a page (e.g. dimensions or any standard page) nearly immediately, while at all other clients with OS applicaton, this takes from 1 sec to few secs. Is there a reason for that? or a way to improve the OS windows app navigation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You didn't dream it! The new interface, "Browser UX", is currently in advanced beta, and used by a few selected customers - talk to your Customer Success Manager if you want to be part of the testing program!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You didn't dream it! The new interface, "Browser UX", is currently in advanced beta, and used by a few selected customers - talk to your Customer Success Manager if you want to be part of the testing program!

I love it! Thank you Jack.

You can have a first look at it as the new Solution Exchange (https://www.onestream.com/solution-exchange/) is using the Browser UX already.

Please sign in! marcobobbiesi