Headcount Roll-Forward using Flow Dimension

DCarrillo
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have built out my cube view that shows headcount change for 2019 M12, I want to be able to capture the ‘Ending Balance Headcount’ for 2020 M1 as its ‘Begin Balance’. 

Will a rule be the way to go in order to achieve this? Unsure on where to go from here.

DGC_0-1654723475409.jpeg

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi DGC

If you only like to show the beginning balance in a cubeview, you don't need a rule, you can specify the pov F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12 directly in a column of the cubeview.

If you like to store the information in a dedicated flow member you can do use a member formula as well.

Here it is the simplest possible solution:

api.Data.Calculate("F#BegBal_Calc=F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12")

If you like, you can create a drill down path as well

'Simple formula drill down
Dim result As New DrillDownFormulaResult()

'Define Explanation to be shown in drill title bar
result.Explanation = "Roll Forward: F#BegBal_Calc = F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12"

'Add a row below per each drill result to be shown 
result.SourceDataCells.Add("F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12")

Return result

There are more advanced time functions to use than T#PovPriorYearM12 but it is the easiest to understand.

ChristianW_0-1654766821860.png

I hope this helps and kind regards

You can also use the member formula builder from the market place solution administrator solution tools:

ChristianW_1-1654767768963.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi DGC

If you only like to show the beginning balance in a cubeview, you don't need a rule, you can specify the pov F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12 directly in a column of the cubeview.

If you like to store the information in a dedicated flow member you can do use a member formula as well.

Here it is the simplest possible solution:

api.Data.Calculate("F#BegBal_Calc=F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12")

If you like, you can create a drill down path as well

'Simple formula drill down
Dim result As New DrillDownFormulaResult()

'Define Explanation to be shown in drill title bar
result.Explanation = "Roll Forward: F#BegBal_Calc = F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12"

'Add a row below per each drill result to be shown 
result.SourceDataCells.Add("F#EndingBal:T#PovPriorYearM12")

Return result

There are more advanced time functions to use than T#PovPriorYearM12 but it is the easiest to understand.

ChristianW_0-1654766821860.png

I hope this helps and kind regards

You can also use the member formula builder from the market place solution administrator solution tools:

ChristianW_1-1654767768963.png