How to check disk space

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've had a dig around, but I can't seem to find it.  Anyone know where I can see the disk space utilisation?

We've set up a number of new apps in our environment recently, and I'm concerned we might be running out of space.

13 REPLIES 13

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi Beeswing,
I do not think you can find this directly and the reason behind is that the space increases automatically on Azure elastic pools. I think you could have a look under System > Environement>OS DB Server and do a filter on ElasticPoolStorageMB. That is the closest thing i can help with.

NicolasArgente_0-1646405598757.png

Please give a kudo if it helps 🙂

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hello! 
We're on the cloud and this is how we review our application space: 

NicoleBruno_0-1646680547526.png

Bottom right corner of the dashboard lists the GB used by application in the environment where you've originated the dashboard (ie. DEV or PROD environments). Hope that's useful! 

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Hi..  I know it's been a while, but hoping you could provide some more info.  
I don't have the Database Statistics Dashboard that you mentioned, and I can't find it on the market place.  Is this one you created yourself?  Or is it indeed from something in the market place?

Thanks

Hi, 

It's not a marketplace tool. Can you try searching your dashboards for "storage chart" and see if it's there?

NicoleBruno_0-1655122711668.png

I assume it's out of the box OS as we didn't create it. If you can't find it, I'd suggest contacting your OS customer success/account manager or maybe submitting a OS support ticket for more direction. 

Beeswing
New Contributor III

I tried searching, but it's not there.  Maybe it's because we're a few versions back.  We're still on 6.2.

Hi, 

Maybe. I just searched my email and it looks like it was provided as an XML file from OS cloud support team in July 2020. 

NicoleBruno_0-1655124475949.png

Send me a message with your email and I can forward it to you if you'd like. 

Hi Nicole,

How you doin? Was going through a need of finding DB size and came through your response. Can you please send me that XML which was sent out to you.

Thanks..Sandeep S

Hi Sandeep, 

Sure, DM me your email address and I'll forward.

Hi Nicole,

Hopy you are doing well. Could you send me the xml please? 

My email is "khanh.nguyen@kleegroup.com"

Thank you very much in advance,

Khanh

Hello Nicole,

Hope everything is fine with you. Could you please share the Dashboard xml for finding DB size to my email ID: vijeshcp.delarue@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Vijesh

Just sent! 

Hi Nichole, Can you send me the XML to my email jayaraman.babu@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

Hi, you can check an individual database size with an extensibility rule containing code like this:

Dim sql As String = "EXEC sp_spaceused;"
Dim dbConnApp As DbConnInfoApp = brapi.Database.CreateApplicationDbConnInfo(si)

Using dbConnApp
Using dt As DataTable = BRAPi.Database.ExecuteSql(dbConnApp, sql.ToString, True)
If Not dt Is Nothing Then
'Reference dt to access data table results
For Each dr As DataRow In dt.Rows
'Process rows
brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "database_size: " + dr("database_size"))
brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "unallocated space: " + dr("unallocated space"))
Next

End If
End Using
End Using

Please sign in! Beeswing