How to export a list of members

chuckbo
New Contributor III

Is there a way to export a list of the members in the Accounts dimension to Excel? I'm interested in downloading:

Name

Default Description

Parent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BarryC
New Contributor II

By far the simplest way is to use the Grid view of your A#'s, ctrl C/V into excel, taking any of the property details you need.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BarryC
New Contributor II

By far the simplest way is to use the Grid view of your A#'s, ctrl C/V into excel, taking any of the property details you need.

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can create a csv file, it will be placed in your onestream file system user folder:

'Export File
Dim fileName As String = "CorpAccounts.csv"
Dim filePath As String = $"Documents/Users/{StringHelper.RemoveSystemCharacters(si.UserName,False,False)}"
Dim accountDimPk As DimPk = BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, "CorpAccounts")
'Export CSV to User Temp Folder
Dim listOfParents As list(Of memberinfo) = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetMembersUsingFilter(si, accountDimPk,  "A#[GAAP Account Structure].descendants.Where(HasChildren = true)", True)
Dim csv As New Text.StringBuilder
For Each parentMember In listOfParents 

For Each childMember In BRApi.Finance.Members.GetChildren(si, accountDimPk, parentMember.Member.MemberId)

csv.AppendLine($"""{childMember.name}"",""{childMember.Description}"",""{parentMember.member.name}""")
	Next
Next

Dim fileBytes As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(csv.ToString)

'Save csv to file
Dim XFfileDataInfo As New XFFileInfo(FileSystemLocation.ApplicationDatabase, fileName, filePath)
Dim XFfileData As New XFFile(XFfileDataInfo, String.Empty, fileBytes)
brapi.FileSystem.InsertOrUpdateFile(si, XFfileData)			

You can create a extender business rule and run in directly from the rule if you place it the unknown case or call it with a data management job if you place it in the ExecuteDataMgmtBusinessRuleStep case.

You can also place it in a dashboard extender and call it with a button control (or any other).

How can I view all orphaned members in OneStream. Also, does your script above export them to csv?
How can I remove them permanently ?

From Design guide:
Remove relationships:

Use this to remove the copied Member(s) from their current relationship without moving them to a
new one. If the copied Member is no longer a part of the Dimension structure, it will be placed
under Orphans.

Christian, I know this is an old post you made but it worked great for me to extract the parent/child relationships into a csv file format.  Could you help me the syntax for how I could add the AggWeight for each relationship?  It seems it is available in the Relationship table by DimID, ParentID, ChildID.

Thank you

Denise