How to prevent column name from repeating

DCarrillo
New Contributor III

How can I format this cube view to not display column names after it's been identified once? I want to retain the first instance of the Consolidation member, Local and Elimination (in red) but not have to see it more than once (in purple).

DCarrillo_0-1718469210596.png

3 REPLIES 3

T_Kress
Contributor III

One option is to split the column in two.  On the first column, leave header as is and on the second column use this at the end to blank out the description

:Name(" ")

This is a rough example but here is the first column:

T_Kress_0-1718551384941.png

Here is the second column:

T_Kress_1-1718551405212.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

FredLucas
Contributor III

Also, if you are on v8.2+ or thinking of upgrading, starting in version 8.2+ you have the MergeAndCenter option as well as other new options, have a look at this post:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Reporting/Row-wrap-text-in-OneStream/m-p/34952#M5317

Henning
Valued Contributor II

Hi, if you would like to have the consolidation members on the left in your columns, just as per your screenshot, you can use a single column in your CV definition.

Henning_1-1718609491795.png

And then in your nested member expansion 2 settings, your consolidation accounts. The default behavior of OneStream is to not repeat member headers from the same Cube View column (i.e. here "Col1"). 

Henning_0-1718609447420.png

If you split your columns, you will get a header repetition as per your screenshot.

E.g. if I add a Col2 with C#Elimination, you will see the repetition where column 2 begins in the opened CV:

Henning_2-1718609680700.png

You can see the - in your case 'unwanted' - repetition on the far right where column 2 is displayed in my test CV:

Henning_3-1718609717838.png

From my perspective, that means for you that you can:

--> adjust your CV definitions to use a single column where the header repetition is automatically suppressed.

--> upgrade to 8.2 where you can use the settings that @FredLucas shared.

--> keep the columns separated as of now (if I am not mistaken) and apply what @T_Kress suggests in her post.

There are also a number of posts on this topic in this community, in case you need more inspiration 🙂

Please sign in! DCarrillo