I have a custom translation rule where it looks to certain periods of a certain rate and uses it in a scenario. This prevents having to have, input and maintain different currency rates.

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

2/8/2018

FX Rates - for those of you who have customers who analyze FX in different scenarios, I have a custom translation rule where it looks to certain periods of a certain rate and uses it in a scenario. This prevents having to have, input and maintain different currency rates. A couple examples....

Budget scenario should use the rates from prior year M9 for all periods.
Scenario needs to be named 'cleverly' and there needs to be standard logic as to which rates should be used at what time. Scenario would use cube FX settings = TRUE. Cube property for Translation Algorithm Type would be Standard Using BR for FX Rates.
Forecast scenario should use the actual rates (both average and closing) for the actual months and the last known actual rates for the forecast months.

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

Here’s a file with three rules:

FcFromAct – referencing Actual months rates for forecast scenarios
Remeasured – simplified remeasurement method looking at tags on accounts
CubeRate – This is an example of a user entering a rate into a form. This would be used if there isn’t a specific rate or rate type specified or if for whatever reason they want to use a historic rate rather than a USD override.

File

I am trying the similar approach but Certain scenario should use previous rate with current data but how I can change the Translation Algorithm for certain scenario because it is a cube settings not a scenario. 

Thanks
Krishna