Is there any way that we can stop users from running Force Consolidate for a given period

SKMundra
New Contributor III

hello all, please suggest if there is a way that we can stop users from running Force Consolidate for a given period? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi all

There is an event handler to control front end actions. You can use it to prevent a force consolidate. You will find the details here.

You just need to check the condition (i.e. that it is a force consolidate) and then cancel the action. If you like to inform the user, that force consolidate is disabled, you need to trigger an error and control the error message.

But use it careful, you can stop the front-end from working correctly, because a bug prevents functions that trigger the event handler to fail.

Regards Christian

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Clarke_Hair
Contributor

I just spent 10 hours yesterday fixing just this issue.  Someone accidently hit Force Consol vs Consol.  There should be a second prompt at minimum saying are you sure on any Force.  Hopefully it is on the list of improvements.

SKMundra
New Contributor III

Hi Clarke, agree .. Same issue we are facing somewhere, really spent too much time on it now.. 

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi all

There is an event handler to control front end actions. You can use it to prevent a force consolidate. You will find the details here.

You just need to check the condition (i.e. that it is a force consolidate) and then cancel the action. If you like to inform the user, that force consolidate is disabled, you need to trigger an error and control the error message.

But use it careful, you can stop the front-end from working correctly, because a bug prevents functions that trigger the event handler to fail.

Regards Christian

Clifton
New Contributor II

Thanks for sharing this information Christian.  I am getting a access denied error when I click on the link you provided above.  Do you know what kind of access I need to see it? 

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi Clifton, please contact you Onestream services contact or your partner (if you are a customer) to get the information. Regards Christian

I get the same error message,   Is the site something that only Emp's can access.  I can ask my service contact but what would I be telling them to give me access to.  Giving them one link does not make sense if there is other information in this location (Accepted-Code-Samples).  Would the request get us access to the full folder or just the one item.  Also, are their other folders like this that would be helpful for us to have access to.

Your Onestream service contact has access to the solution. They moved it internal, because it can create problem, if not done correctly. But together you should be able to set it up.

Hi Christian, 

What kinds of issues should we be looking out for if Front End Event Handler is not implemented correctly?  Also is this something we could find in the GolfStream app or the Market Place?  I have reached out to our OneStream Contact to get help accessing the information but any additional information would be appreciated. 

hi there, using a wcf event handler, there's only an option to check if it is calculate when checking if it is running for consol or calculate using wcfeventhandler servicetype . calculate. do you have a snippet to check if OS is running a consol as opposed to calculate?