Keeping the 'focus' on the current tab in a multi-tabbed dashboard

kmd
Contributor

Been searching for a while on the forums and knowledge base and documentation - maybe I'm not searching with the right text because I'm sure we can't be the only ones to deal with this.

In a multi-tabbed dashboard, we have a button on each tab to 'Refresh CubeView' which is supposed to refresh the current cube view.

The button is connected to a "Selection Changed User Interface Action" and the action selected is "Refresh" with a number of dashboards listed to be refreshed.

Our problem is that when the Refresh Button is clicked on, after refreshing, the focus takes the user away from their current tab and re-selects the first tab in the dashboard.

Does anyone know if there's a way to control this so that the focus remains on the current tab?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

OS_Pizza
Contributor III
The button is connected to a "Selection Changed User Interface Action" and the action selected is "Refresh" with a number of dashboards listed to be refreshed -

Are you trying to refresh other tab dashboard ? Assign the embeded dashboard(cube View) for that speicifc tab . It will then only refresh your current tab embedded dashboard.

View solution in original post

bilbrandon
New Contributor III
5 REPLIES 5

OS_Pizza
Contributor III
The button is connected to a "Selection Changed User Interface Action" and the action selected is "Refresh" with a number of dashboards listed to be refreshed -

Are you trying to refresh other tab dashboard ? Assign the embeded dashboard(cube View) for that speicifc tab . It will then only refresh your current tab embedded dashboard.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well.  It looks like the OS consultants set this button up to refer to all the individual dashboards that could be involved in order to avoid having to have a button for every dashboard.  It sounds like I'm going to have to clean that up and just create new buttons for every dashboard.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected.

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

Please give kudos or mark the reply as accepted solution 🙂

bilbrandon
New Contributor III

This post might also be relevant to your situation. Good luck.

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Application-Build/Dashboard-Refreshes-on-Tabular-Layouts/...

Thanks,

Bil

kmd
Contributor

Thanks so much Bill - great information.  I figured there had to be something somewhere in this forum but struggled to find relevant results in my searches.  Thanks again!