Members range syntax

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi, let's say I have a dimension with Member001 to Member020 being siblings. In a cube view I want to have rows with all members from Member001 to Member012. Using cube view designer, what's the syntax to specify the range, without having lo list all the 12 members?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Along the lines of what Nicole mentioned, if you do not want to maintain an alternate hierarchy, consider tagging one of the text fields on the accounts you want to group and use A#Parent.base.where(Text1 = XXXXX).  Update XXXXX to be the text on the accounts. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hi, 

Unless there's something to differentiate Member013-020 from Member001-012, listing them is the most straightforward option. You could try something fancy like "U1#Parent.base.where(name startswith 'Member00'), U1#Member010, U1#Member011, U1#Member012" to shorten it a tiny bit but that just seems overly complicated to me. If there is a differentiator, you could use that where filter to pull out that item, like if the description is all similar or contains the same thing, etc. 

Thank you for your reply. It's strange that there isn't a default function to define a range, it seems such a basic functionality. Listing out the members works, but having a range function in most cases makes the solution more robust (no need to make changes to the cube views in case in future new members are added).

Hopefully OneStream will add it in future. Functions to have all the Left siblings or all the Right siblings would also be very useful.

aricgresko
Contributor III

You could try creating an alternate hierarchy with a Parent that includes Member001 thru Member012 and then use that Parent member with ".base" syntax in your Cube View.

Along the lines of what Nicole mentioned, if you do not want to maintain an alternate hierarchy, consider tagging one of the text fields on the accounts you want to group and use A#Parent.base.where(Text1 = XXXXX).  Update XXXXX to be the text on the accounts.