PLP Register Fields filtering on only one page after upgrade to 8.2

photon
New Contributor III

We have thousands of IDs in our PLP register. Let's say ten of them are named Aaron. I can sort the register on the FirstName to see all of the Aarons on the first page. If I apply a filter to the column to only show people named Aaron, all ten of the Aarons display. However, if I sort the register by last name, for example, and filter on Aaron in the FirstName column, zero show up. If move to a page that has, say, one or two of the Aarons, then filtering on Aaron will return just those.

The column doesn't use a parameter but even columns that do use parameters behave the same way. The filtering for all of the fields is effectively broken. Is there some new system-wide setting I should know about? Is there a workaround? Or, am I just enjoying a very strange bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

photon
New Contributor III

Turns out, this is a platform bug PF1-10032

Supposedly, it is a "high priority" development item but no release date is available as it's still in development.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

T_Kress
Contributor

This may be a bug:  PF1-9920.  Here are details on this bug:

In Planning Registers when a column is using a Register Field that takes advantage of a control list “in Parameter Name” you will see that the filter (is Equal to or contains ) doesn’t work because it will look for the Stored value rather than the Display value”

If this sounds like your issue I would open a case to have your customer name added to this JIRA bug.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

photon
New Contributor III

I don't think this applies to us because filtering does work if the records are on the current page. It also behaves the same with/without a parameter and with/without a control list.

photon
New Contributor III

Turns out, this is a platform bug PF1-10032

Supposedly, it is a "high priority" development item but no release date is available as it's still in development.

Please sign in! photon