Retrieve Annotation as read only

Manjunathak
New Contributor III

Hi,

i'm retrieving the annotations in CV where as i could retrieve as read only for the account type dynamic calc(third row in screenshot) for account type Revenue still i cell is editable(first two rows). how can i make them read-only?

Manjunathak_0-1720791360916.png

i have already set the can modify data to false in both general setting/common & rows and columns/Data

regards,

Manju

8 REPLIES 8

T_Kress
Contributor III

The easy way is to set the POV of that column that is pulling your annotation to something with #Top in one of the other dims. That should make it read only.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

Manjunathak
New Contributor III

Hi, 

updated U7#Top it didn't work

I have UD 8 member to retrieve annotation as below

If api.View.IsAnnotationType Then
      Return api.Data.GetDataCellEx("U8#Top").DataCellAnnotation & api.Data.GetDataCellEx("U8#DR_CR_Input").DataCellAnnotation 
End If

Is that U8 set as Allow Input = False?

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

Manjunathak
New Contributor III

allow Input was true but i changed to false it didn't work

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Annotations are different from data, e.g. you can input text also on parent members as you discovered. The easiest way may be to just set the entire column to a dynamic calc member, just as you did for row 3. 

Manjunathak
New Contributor III

Hi, 

i'm beginner, Can you please screenshot how can i change the accounts to be dynamic calc for only one column?

regards, 

Manju

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

you should not change your existing account types when data has been loaded. Not knowing much about your use case, the following is one (of the many) way(s) to go about it. This approach assumes UD8#None is used for all data input and comment collection.

First, you create a DynamicCalc UD8 member:
Henning_0-1721035811387.png

Then you add this member formula:

If api.View.IsAnnotationType Then
	Return api.Data.GetDataCellEx("UD8#None").DataCellAnnotation
Else
	Return api.Data.GetDataCell("UD8#None")
End If

You then go to the column2 definition of your Cube View and e.g. add your new UD8 member to the column's member filter:

Henning_2-1721036085588.png

Please note that this will apply to your entire column 2. Using overrides is more elegant and more pointed. But I am keeping it simple for now to show you the most basic way.

Overrides are those ones:

Henning_3-1721036173167.png

You should then be able to see the entered annotations and the original data in your CV, with the cells being no input.

In my example, the top half rows are using UD8#None in the point of view (POV) and the bottom half my new UD8 member. Please note that the way the formulas has been written, all data and / or comments will be pulled to be displayed in the CV, as long as those have been entered / loaded against UD8#None.

Henning_1-1721035913154.png

Manjunathak
New Contributor III

Hi,

UD8 member

Manjunathak_0-1721134935949.png

formula for UD8 member

Manjunathak_2-1721135025599.png

Cube view 

Manjunathak_1-1721134971295.png

Still the cells are open in report

Manjunathak_3-1721135157092.png