SQL Error when using DM step type "Copy Data" to move archive data between Scenarios

JT26
New Contributor

Hi,

I've been using a data management step (part of an archival sequence) to copy data between Scenarios and archive data. It has worked well in the past but now I'm getting below error when I run the step.

"Error processing Data Management Step 'step_SeedForecastMonths'. Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.
The statement has been terminated. (SQL Error Number -2146232060, 8115, 3621)"

Any ideas as to what would be causing this ? I verified the data and I seems like the copy did work for the period selected however the error message still pops up.

JT26_0-1698870566125.png

Thanks in advance!

JT

3 REPLIES 3

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Think the first question is, is your process running any SQL queries?

It is a bit hard to diagnose something like this without more information. If it isn't your SQL then it sounds like its gonna be tricky. If if you are running SQL queries then narrow it down and feel free to share the SQL.

When you define a column numeric or decimal in an SQL Server database you specify the scale and precision (doc). If you try to store a number that doesn't fit in these bounds then it generates this error, e.g. decimal(8,2) has a max value of 999999.99

Thanks Daniel, my sequence isn't running any SQL. Its just the error number that gives a message hinting it maybe an issue with SQL in backend tables. I'm simply using the standard "Copy Data" functionality in OS Data Management using member filters below. It seems to be working for periods prior to M7 as well...

JT26_0-1698935349916.png

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Sorry for some reason I didn't  check out the screenshot properly. I've got nothing! Looks like a support ticket.