Task Scheduler: best way to disable all tasks in app copies

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hello!

When we create a new DEV app copied from our PROD app, the Task Scheduler jobs need to all be disabled in the new DEV app. We have a static text file that we load which generally works fine but we need to remember to keep that file up to date as we add new tasks. Does anyone have a good way to disable all tasks? I don't necessarily want to delete them in case that's what we're testing in the DEV app but I'm open to hearing any suggestions you may have. 

Thanks, 
Nicole

4 REPLIES 4

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi Nicole,

If you extract the Task Scheduler from your copied application, then I assume you can just do a replace of ExpirationTime (see print screen) to deactive all of them by setting it to a passed date. Then all new task will be in your new copied application, but disabled.

PeterFu_0-1652454020278.png

Peter

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for the suggestion but this is just as manual our current process. I'm guessing this is ultimately going to end up as a OS support enhancement request.

Koemets
Contributor

Nicole,

To my knowledge, OS doesn't have any legit/good way to disable all tasks in freshly cloned app. More than once I've seen "manually disable all tasks" as the first step in admin instructions for cloning an app. So while there are less than kosher ways to hack it, it will still be... well - hack. So you will help all the OS community by submitting the enhancement support request. Thank you 🙂

mgreenberg
Contributor II
Please sign in! NicoleBruno