Transformation rules - Level 2 - ignored

Marcello
Contributor

Hello

I have created a "level 2" transformation rules on ICP dim in order to force certain accounts to be filled in specific fixed IC elements.

Do I have:

-  "level 1" with One-To-One Mappings.

-  "level 2" with a composite filtering on the account A#[140305]

Marcello_0-1691138656845.png

"Level 2 Composite" is completely ignored

Where am I making the mistake?

Thanks in advance for the help

Marcello

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marcello
Contributor

Hi Giacomo,

I removed the mapping in the 1-to-1 and added into the Composite.

So I used this workauround to fix the issue.

The workaround was to:

1. remove the "One-to-One": "None" to "None"

2. insert the composite to force the account to specific IC

3. insert a fake "Mask" to reintroduce the "*None*" to "None"

Anyway I am sure that "level 2 rules " are working in Onestream because I already used and they work fine. In my opinion that is a bug in that specific version, but having found a workarourd that is better than the proposed solution to the customer it's fine 2 times.

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The order of elaboration in a single group is what you see in the type drop-down (i.e. One-to-One first, then Composite, then Range, etc). So if you just have to specify One-To-Ones and Composites, and your Composites have to kick in only after One-to-Ones are done, you can just keep them all in a single item.

Also, typically in Composite rules you also include the dimension itself, so in your case it would look like

I#[*]:A#[140305]

I also don't think the order of Groups in a Profile is significant, as far as I remember rules for the same dimension are just merged. You can try playing with the Order field of individual rules to verify (or disprove) that, as it creates an explicit order of execution between them.

Marcello
Contributor

Hi Giacomo,

I removed the mapping in the 1-to-1 and added into the Composite.

So I used this workauround to fix the issue.

The workaround was to:

1. remove the "One-to-One": "None" to "None"

2. insert the composite to force the account to specific IC

3. insert a fake "Mask" to reintroduce the "*None*" to "None"

Anyway I am sure that "level 2 rules " are working in Onestream because I already used and they work fine. In my opinion that is a bug in that specific version, but having found a workarourd that is better than the proposed solution to the customer it's fine 2 times.

Thanks for the help