Unable to cast object of type 'System.DateTime' to type 'System.String'.

Wikus
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm getting this error on different applications in my OS instance.

Apologies if it is not relevant to this forum.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is typically a result of attaching an old application database to a more recent version of OneStream, or viceversa. Go to the Database Configuration Utility and upgrade the schema, the procedure is documented in the Upgrade Guide. If your application db is newer than the actual OS version, you'll have to install a more recent OS.

View solution in original post

Wikus
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Jack, I thought it was a DB issue but not sure how to  solve.

I think I'm running incompatible versions. Windows 11, SQL Server 2022 and OS 7.22.

Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is typically a result of attaching an old application database to a more recent version of OneStream, or viceversa. Go to the Database Configuration Utility and upgrade the schema, the procedure is documented in the Upgrade Guide. If your application db is newer than the actual OS version, you'll have to install a more recent OS.

Wikus
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Jack, I thought it was a DB issue but not sure how to  solve.

I think I'm running incompatible versions. Windows 11, SQL Server 2022 and OS 7.22.

Much appreciated.