Unable to find the primary node of a member in dimension

kondareddys
New Contributor II

Hi,
Is there a way to find the primary node or secondary node of a member with alternate hierarchies in OneStream like the default parent of a member in Hyperion HFM?

4 REPLIES 4

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi

There is no such think like a private node in Onestream, all relationships are equal. If you want to achieve something similar, you might need to use text attributes, to mark one relationship as primary. Can you tell us more, what you like to achieve with it?

Default Parent, was introduced to Hyperion HFM to create compatibility with Essbase (where a primary relationship was needed).

I hope this helps and regards

Christian

Thank u Christian for the prompt response. We have a requirement to remove shared nodes of a member by retaining the primary node. However, we didn't find such relationships in OneStream and asked the business to provide specific node details for deletion. Posted this here to know if there is a way to fine such relationships in OneStream.

Thanks,

Konda

Hi Konda

Even with "Default Parent" it would have been a lottery, because at most companies, the property wasn't very well maintained.

There is a function, that gives you all parents as a list (api.Members.GetParents), and if you combine it with a check, if the parent is the descendant of a main hierarchy (api.Members.IsDescendant), you might be able to achieve something similar.

I hope this helps and regards

Christian

Thank u Christian. I will try the above solution.

Regards,
Konda