ATTENTION OCAs in Administration R1: Important Information About Your Certification

agoralewski
Community Manager
Community Manager

OneStream_Brandmark_Black.jpg

Certification Banner_Sept2024.png

You may have seen the announcement about the launch of the OneStream Certified Associate (OCA) in Administration R2 exam on September 24, 2024.

With this launch, the OneStream Certified Associate (OCA) in Administration R1 exam will retire on November 24, 2024, sixty days after the release of the new R2 exam.

What does this mean to me?

· Once a certification exam retires, certifications associated with that exam can no longer be extended - this is why you are receiving this email.

· At this time, you:

o retain your OCA in Administration R1 certification through your current expiration date.

o are able to extend your OCA in Administration R1 certification, following all OnePoints requirements, through November 24, 2024.

· After November 24, 2024, you will:

o retain your OCA in Administration R1 certification through your current expiration date.

o need to pass the OCA in Administration R2 exam to keep your Administration certification current after your OCA in Administration R1 certification expiration date.

FAQs

· How do I know my current OCA in Administration R1 certification expiration date?

o Sign in at osportal.onestream.com

o Click the CertMetrics tile to be taken to your CertMetrics account

o In the left navigation pane click 'Certifications' then 'Status'

o On this page you will see a tile for each certification you hold. In that tile you will see the 'Expire Date'

· Can I still extend my OCA in Administration R1 Certification?

o If you hold an OCA in Administration R1 certification, you may extend your certification according to the OnePoints requirements through November 24, 2024, when the Admin R1 exam retires.

o Extensions will be for 2 years.

o After November 24, 2024, your OCA in Administration R1 certification will remain valid through your current expiration date, and you will need to pass the OCA in Administration R2 exam before that expiration date to keep your OCA in Administration certification current.

· I'm ready to take the exam now. Should I take the OCA in Administration R1 or the OCA in Administration R2 exam?

o The OCA in Administration R1 exam is a multiple-choice exam and will be available through November 24, 2024. The OCA in Administration R2 exam is a hybrid format, containing both multiple choice and performance-based items.

o If you have been preparing for the OCA in Administration R1 exam and are ready to take that exam now, you may want to consider taking it before it retires on November 24, 2024. If you pass, your resulting certification will be valid for 2 years. At the end of those 2 years, you will need to pass the OCA in Administration R2 exam in order to keep your Administration certification current.

o If you are still preparing and have the flexibility to shift your preparation strategy to include the OCA in Administration R2 objectives, taking the OCA in Administration R2 exam may be a better option because you will have to take the OCA in Administration R2 exam anyway when your OCA in Administration R1 certification expires.

· Can I cancel my appointment for the OCA in Administration R1 exam and schedule the OCA in Administration R2 exam?

o Yes, you can cancel your OCA in Administration R1 exam appointment at least 24 hours prior to your appointment date. You will receive a refund on your payment, and your voucher (if you applied one) will be "released" to be used again. You will be able to schedule the OCA in Administration R2 exam through the standard process when you are ready. If you used a discount voucher for the OCA in Administration R1 exam, be sure that you are aware of the voucher expiration date.

· What is the difference between the OCA in Administration R1 exam and the OCA in Administration R2 exam?

o The existing OCA in Administration R1 exam is based on the retired 'Application Build for Administrators' course and is a multiple-choice exam. The new OCA in Administration R2 exam is based on the 'OneStream Administration' and 'Getting Started with OneStream' courses and includes both multiple choice and performance-based items.

· How can I get more information on the OCA in Administration R2 exam?

o All relevant information about the OCA in Administration R2 exam can be found on the exam page on the Certification website.

o Candidates can find exam cost and duration as well as a link to the OneStream Certified Associate in Administration R2 study guide that contains exam objectives, recommended training, and tips for exam preparation.

· Do I get a retake discount on the OCA in Administration R2 exam if I fail the OCA in Administration R1 exam?

o Yes, all OneStream Certification exams are eligible for a discount on an exam retake if you do not pass on your first attempt. If you do not pass the OCA in Administration R1 exam and you wish to sit for the OCA in Administration R2 exam on retake, you are eligible for a 70% discount on the OCA in Administration R2 exam. Contact the Certification team to request a discount voucher by opening a Credentialing case in ServiceNow.

· Will the voucher that I have be valid for the OCA in Administration R2 exam?

o Yes, if you have received a discount voucher for the OCA in Administration R1 exam, that voucher will also be valid for the OCA in Administration R2 exam.

o The only exception is if you have received a retake voucher for the OCA in Administration R1 exam. You will need to open a Credentialing case in ServiceNow and request a replacement voucher if you do not receive one from us via email.

Still have questions? Please contact the Certification team by submitting a case to "Credentialing" via the ServiceNow Support Portal.

0 REPLIES 0