OSAdmin
Valued Contributor

Question (cont)

(example:  Set oDataUnit = HS.OpenDataUnit("A{rle_IC1}.I{[ICPEntities].[Base]}.FL{rle_AllWithoutClosing}.AU{rle_SourceForElim}.CF#[None].TE{FXSimulation.[Base]}")).  This enables me to have modular consolidation scripts and just loop through the selected subset in a consolidation to speed up the logic.  In OneStream, I found the function “GetDataBufferForCustomElimCalculation” in the GolfStream demo app.  This one seems to not support filtering the data unit (e.g., accounts, UD’s).  When trying to use “GetDataBufferUsingFormula” instead, I have the problem in consolidation, that this one needs a detailed definition of the destination for all UD’s or it will otherwise use the XFCommon member and not one of the source data set.  Maybe I am using it wrong…

Answer

Use the GetDataBufferUsingFormula/Filter Members to filter your data buffer’s account-type dimensions (UD’s, Accounts, Flow, etc.)

OSAdmin_0-1627923826377.png

We also have the ability to use filtering for account-type dimensions in an API.Data.Calculate.

Example: api.Data.Calculate("A#Bonus = A#Salary * 0.05", , , , , "U1#Selling.Base, U1#Eng")

OSAdmin_1-1627923858358.png

Source: Office Hours 2019-7-25 - Partner Enablement

Version history
Last update:
‎09-14-2023 08:07 AM
Updated by:
Contributors