Any Setting to Require a Refresh of OneStream Excel Add-in Data When Workbook is Opened?

Kaiba
New Contributor

I understand that OS users are able set their own preferences for whether or not Excel Add-in data refreshes upon opening a workbook, however I would like to know if there is an option for the "author" of a Quick View or XFGet form to require a refresh of data when another individual opens it? Not meaning this as an attempt to override the settings of other OneStream users, but instead to make it so that non-OneStream users within the organization are unable to view QV or XFGet form data without having proper access. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't think there is such a feature, but I wouldn't expect any data to be in the spreadsheet. At least with xfget, cells should still be formulas (as long as you didn't convert them), so when a user doesn't have the add-in or cannot log on, the formulas shouldn't be able to return any numbers. Things might be different with QuickViews - if you test and the behaviour there is different, you might want to get in touch with Support and describe it as a security issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't think there is such a feature, but I wouldn't expect any data to be in the spreadsheet. At least with xfget, cells should still be formulas (as long as you didn't convert them), so when a user doesn't have the add-in or cannot log on, the formulas shouldn't be able to return any numbers. Things might be different with QuickViews - if you test and the behaviour there is different, you might want to get in touch with Support and describe it as a security issue.