Audit history of form data before the change

Yaseen
New Contributor III

Greetings -

Looking for Audit option to track the data before the change, 'Audit History For Forms' option shows data after the change.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's normal, it's because you have a weekly application.

If you're entering data at monthly level for a particular scenario, unfortunately this report won't work out of the box, you'll have to build your own.

If you want to start from the existing one, you can copy the dashboard grp_PR_DataEntry_UserDetails and all its linked components - including Parameters bound to the comboboxes, i.e. MemberIds_Scenarios_AllDims_Base_RPTA, MemberIds_Time_AllYears_Base_RPTA, UserIDs_RPTA - to a new Workspace, then modify the filter that the relevant Parameter is currently using, which as you can see is pointing to base members (the Method Query property):

JackLacava_0-1710431198589.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

That depends on how that data was generated - an Import workflow? A seeding business rule? The answer will be different.

Nobody can know in advance what data you might overwrite in forms - it could be anything! 😊

Yaseen
New Contributor III

Hi @JackLacava  -

Data is input by the user thru form. 

Thank you.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure I follow.

Is there any data before the user actually enters data in the form (let's call it Form A)?

If not, there is nothing to audit. If yes, how did that data get there? Was it entered from another form (Form B) ? If that's the case, it will be on the audit of Form B.

There are several reports in the Standard Reports dashboards that can help you with audit duties, have a look there first (If you don't have it, they're available from Solutions Exchange in the Marketplace section). If you can't find anything there, you can look directly in tables (form data will be in DataCellEntryAudit, if i remember correctly) but you'll have to do some SQL queries yourself.

Yaseen
New Contributor III

Hi @JackLacava 

user entered 'X' initially and changed it to 'Y'. 

'Audit History for Forms' options is showing only 'Y', need to track 'X'.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

This has what you need:

JackLacava_0-1710418239281.png

The full details are in table DataEntryAuditCell and DataEntryAuditSource.

Yaseen
New Contributor III

@JackLacava Thanks for the table info. Unfortunately, for me these reports are not generating any data and Time is being displayed as weeks (2nd screen shot). 

Yaseen_0-1710422423563.png

Yaseen_1-1710422612889.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's normal, it's because you have a weekly application.

If you're entering data at monthly level for a particular scenario, unfortunately this report won't work out of the box, you'll have to build your own.

If you want to start from the existing one, you can copy the dashboard grp_PR_DataEntry_UserDetails and all its linked components - including Parameters bound to the comboboxes, i.e. MemberIds_Scenarios_AllDims_Base_RPTA, MemberIds_Time_AllYears_Base_RPTA, UserIDs_RPTA - to a new Workspace, then modify the filter that the relevant Parameter is currently using, which as you can see is pointing to base members (the Method Query property):

JackLacava_0-1710431198589.png

Yaseen
New Contributor III

Thank you, Jack, our scenarios are set to Monthly not sure why it is displaying weekly, will dig into it.

Appreciate your help!