BI Viewer - Choropleth Map Continents Labeling

Colin
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to display percentage values for the different continents in a BI Viewer component with a Choropleth Map. The display of the values works, but I would like to see only one label per continent, as is the case with South America, for example, and not for each individual country, as is the case with Africa and the other continents.

Is there a way to change the labeling to only once per continent?

World Map.png

3 REPLIES 3

KarlT
Contributor

Hi,

I believe you will need a custom SHP file that just includes the Continents to achieve this in BI Blend. These can be imported here:

KarlT_0-1716474032838.png

Please note that you need a SHP file with Geo coordinates rather than Cartesian coordinates according to the reference guide.

Colin
New Contributor II

Hi,

thanks for the answer. Is it also possible to export the existing map as an SHP file and just adjust the GEO coordinates and upload it back again or you know where I can find this OneStream standard map? I would like to have the map in the same style as the standard map, as I also display the individual continents Europe, Asia etc. in the other tabs of the dashboard.

I'm not aware of a way to extract the SHP files (someone else may know better). Sorry it's not something I've actually done before but from some quick searching online for "SHP File Continents" there seems to be a few sources you could investigate.

Please sign in! Colin