BI Viewer - Creating a clustered column line chart

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Hey All,

I'm trying to add a column (bar) chart on top of this line chart. But I want it to reference and add a dollar based stats account (e.g. Avg Fleet Total) bar chart. 

I noticed there is a way to add a second axis on the right - so wondering if I can have two charts on the same pane. 

Mustafa_A_0-1648500603245.png

Appreciate the help folks. Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

Sai_Maganti
Contributor II

Add your Avg Fleet Total measure to the Values pane and choose chart type and in the second tab of the chart type selection window you will have the option to plot it on a secondary axis as in the pic below.

sec_axis.png

I did - but how do I select avg fleet acct? I'm using a CV MD data adapter fyi. 

Mustafa_A_0-1648555378602.png

Mustafa_A_1-1648555397079.png

Right you should create a calculated field with formula something like this..

Iif(StartsWith([Account]), 'Asset Yield Pct'), [Amount], 0) --Add all your account conditions for you Avg Fleet Acct

Make this Field Type Decimal and add this to your values pane and then choose Average as shown in the pic below

biv_average.png

Thank you for your patience, @Sai_Maganti. I'm new to Dashboards building.

Where do I add this expression? - Iif(StartsWith([Account]), 'Asset Yield Pct'), [Amount], 0)

if you can show this setup within your expression/filter editor - that would help a lot.

Here we go. Once created add your expression and then rename it to what ever you want and then set the field type to decimal.

calc_meas.png

Yep found it. I'm getting this syntax error -

What am I doing incorrectly? 

Mustafa_A_0-1648561395765.png

Look at my previous post. You're missing the "Iif" in the expression. Basically this expression is an if condition

Mustafa_A_0-1648565151078.png

Hey @Sai_Maganti 

Again, thank you for you help.

I have the expression correct - however how do I isolate it to 'Average Fleet' 

The field type is set to decimal, and have second axis on. 

Mustafa_A_0-1648670736161.png

Mustafa_A_1-1648671487281.png

I don't understand what you meant by isolate 'Average Fleet" ??

Apologies if I wasn't clear.

When I use this calculated field (expression) and add it to the value pane. It doesn't bring in any values from Average Fleet Total.

I'm looking to grab the avg fleet values and plot in on the x and y axis as a column chart. 

Mustafa_A_0-1648753368466.png

Mustafa_A_2-1648753852546.png

You need to check your data for Account "Average_Fleet_Total" and why it is not returning any data. Add a grid view component within this chart and drag this calculated measure and see what's the data like