Can I use XFMemberProperty in a Cube Cell Format field?

RafaelVidal
New Contributor III

Hi all, 

I wonder if I can use the following code in a Cube Cell Format. 

"XFMemberProperty (DimType=Account, Member=|MFAccount|, Property=AccountType)"

The idea is to flip value sign in case AccountType is 'Expense'. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

If ('XFMemberProperty(DimType=Account, Member=[RowE1MemberName] , Property=AccountType)= 'Expense') Then
               FlipSign = True
End If

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

3 REPLIES 3

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Hi Rafael,

I don't think you can do that probably you could try using an XFBR rule, but the challenge is passing the account from cell POV to the rule. I'll give it a shot, but if you can share how you've built your CV, I can help with a better solution.

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

Hi Omkar, 

this is the thing. 

I have a column set with 3 members (Actual, Budget, Var_Scen),

where Variance is calculated as follows:

If AccountType = "Expense" then  

Variance = (Actual - Budget)

else 

Variance = (Budget - Actual)

The goal is implement a Guided_Reporting ColumnSet, so I don't know the accounts in the RowSet.

RafaelVidal_0-1691093761679.png

Thanks, 

Rafael Vidal 

Raphael - to answer your most recent comment, try using the BWDiff member filter to calculate the variance, rather than trying to flip the sign on the expense accounts.  BWDiff will inherently calculate the variance based on account type (revenue, expense, etc.). 

aricgresko_0-1691151157436.png