Change display name on view member

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey all,

So i'm trying to solve the display name of a view member in a cubeview column.

I manage to change the display name by using Delimited List by changeing display name in parameter dropdown to "TTD" in this case.

However the membername in the cubeview column is still the original membername in the dimension (Trailing4Months).

I tried Member List as shown on prontscreen below. I did also try the condition rules in the cubeview but did not find any returning input of display name.

I think I could solve this with XFBR but wanted to check here first to see if there are any "Built in" solution to handle this? Thanks in advance

param1.png

param2.png

param3.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KarlT
Contributor III

if you're putting it in the CV POV though i dont think the Name part will work anyway. You'll need to put this in the columns for that.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KarlT
Contributor III

You could try a delimited parameter something like this:

KarlT_0-1728378878601.png

Cheers

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey, thanks for quick response.

I did try something simlar and it's not working for the cubeview. It works for the param dropdown however.

The cubeview dosen't like the "V#" from the delimited list. That's why I ended up trying the Member list (That diden't work as I hoped either) 😞

Jones_1-1728379189173.png

Jones_3-1728379217835.png

Jones_0-1728379168959.png

The cubeview ends up empty like this:

Jones_4-1728379239889.png

KarlT
Contributor III

It'll depend where you're putting the parameter. If in the CV POV then just remove the V# from the parameter Values. If in the rows and columns you will need to either include the V# in the parameter or in the member filter directly

Cheers

KarlT
Contributor III

if you're putting it in the CV POV though i dont think the Name part will work anyway. You'll need to put this in the columns for that.

Cheers

Jones
New Contributor III

thanks man! that worked excellent! Diden't know CW Top diden't allow changes in string. Moving it to the column solved the issue!