Changing the name on a cubeview row item

Ashlee
New Contributor III

How can I change the Row name on a cube view so it populates differently in my dashboard?

Example in CV is "ESG Total", on the dashboard is "Total ESG"  but want the dashboard to say "Environmental Social and Governance Total"

cube view:

abolyard_0-1707430245165.png

dashboard

abolyard_2-1707430328832.png

6 REPLIES 6

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

In theory you should be able to change
E#LE_Entity_Planning:Name(ESG Total)
to
E#LE_Entity_Planning:Name(Environmental Social and Governance Total)

What confuseses me is your memberscript has ESG Total and your CV has Total ESG.  I think your configuration screen might be for a different cubeview or the cubeview is using shared rows and you need to configure it there:

RobbSalzmann_0-1707437876915.png

Ashlee
New Contributor III

Thank you, just changing the LE formula unfortunately doesn't change the row name. I'll do a little investigating.

abolyard_1-1707493497288.png

Ashlee
New Contributor III

Hi Robb- Do you know if I need to run a consolidation to make the name pull through? I thought it would be just an app/screen refresh but want to confirm. 

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

No, should not be necessary.  a change to the member script in the row header should be instantly observable in the cubeview.

MikeG
Contributor III

hi @Ashlee  and @RobbSalzmann , it is because you are not using standard Headers.  You may be showing only the U3 Row Header - not the Entity header you updated.  Put that :Name(what you want) on the U3 member in your U3 

MikeG_0-1707501420955.png

What do you have here?

MikeG_1-1707501492763.png

Ashlee
New Contributor III

Thanks Mike! The Row default is what does the trick. Looks like when that is changed to "true" it changes the formatting of our dashboard.