Check sign of changed values in Cube View within a Dashboard

SeanV
New Contributor III

I have a cube view within a dashboard.    The dashboard has a save button which fires a Dashboard Extender rule.  (The cube view save button is hidden).

I would like to add a step that, before any changed amounts on the Cube View is saved to the cube, checks the sign of any changed amounts and prompts the user based on a rule if they are sure the sign is correct.

Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

FredLucas
Contributor II

Hi @SeanV,

Although not exactly what you are looking for, I would firstly consider using the conditional formatting to highlight any cells that may need reviewing or having a validation button that returns a pop up detailing all cells that should be reviewed.

If this does not meet the requirement, then the only way I can think (using cube views) would be to use a SaveDataEventHandler to perform the validation and throw an exception in case the criteria is not met.

However, if you do follow this approach bear in mind that this EventHandler is triggered every time data is saved to the cube so you should be extremely careful not to impact overall system performance.

SeanV
New Contributor III

Unfortunately the SaveDataEventHandler does not allow me to identify the CubeView so that I can isolate the action to solely a single Cube View within a Dashboard.

The WorkFlowEventHandler does allow me to identify the Cube View, however I am unable to get it to stop the save from happening.

Hi SeanV, maybe check out this thread as there are some discussions of different options there:

Solved: Can I execute a BR after saving data? - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

It's a slightly different question but i think the general solutions are quite similar