Column override doesn't work when the name has spaces in it

MarkBird
Contributor II

Hi

I am using a column override formula in my cube view and I have noticed that it doesn't work when I try override a column when the name has spaces in it, even if I surround it in square brackets.

MarkBird_0-1701953878832.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

kenostrovsky
New Contributor II

The Column name that is displayed on the report is separate from the column name in the cube view designer. You should remove the spaces from the column names so that your column math works. You can specify the display column name in the formula for that column using the "Name" parameter. 

GetDataCell(CVC(SomeColumnName) - CVC(SomeOtherColumnName)):Name(Header Name)

Thanks @kenostrovsky 

I'm aware of the difference between Header Name and Column Name.

You can do column math when you have spaces in your column name with the following syntax:

GetDataCell(CVC([Some Column Name]) - CVC([Some Other Column Name])):Name(Header Name)

However, I'm not looking at creating a formula, I'm trying to get the column override to trigger and I believe that the syntax should be the same. I'll raise a support ticket.

Regards,

Mark

phollander
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

I just tried this on a 7.1.3 instance and the column override seems to work for me, when the column name has spaces and without using the square brackets. Are you on a different version, or maybe a row override on a column is changing it to another unexpected PoV? Also, I noticed you are using an XFBR to generate the member filter. If the XFBR is generating a member filter that is not valid, the cube view will tell you here by giving an error, but the override itself will also not work.

Regards,
Paul

We're on 7.3.3. I've just replaces spaces in my names with and underscore for now.

Thanks,

Mark

Please sign in! MarkBird